- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, January 3, 2014

Thoughts in My Head

When Christmas break roles around, I tend to find myself thinking a lot about everything.
Lately the thoughts have been about school and the future.
For some reason, I am having such a hard time wanting to be in school and finish it.
Maybe it's because I needed to take a year off, but then I think about working in a restaurant full-time and I have no desire whatsoever to do that. 

I spent two hours yesterday looking at jobs that I would be willing to drop out of school for, but they all resulted in me needing a masters. Being in school is the only way I can do my dream and it's a little frustrating. I have always been a hands own learner. Lecturing has never been my way of learning. While I love what I am being taught, I want to run out the door and use it.
Yes, of course I can do exactly that, but I want to start my future. I want to start counseling and working the 9-5 hours. Is that weird?

"The best things in life cannot be rushed."
"Don't rush something you want to last forever."

Is it wrong that I want to rush through grad school so I can finally start what I have been working on so hard for the last five years? I just want to start the dream that is in my head.

I am loving life and where I am at, but its hard to stop my mind from wondering about whats to come. I finished my first semester much better than I thought which is encouragement to keep going.

Am I the only 22 year old feeling this way or is this exactly what every 22 year old goes through at this age?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment