- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Becoming An Adult

Sometimes life asks you to grow up very quickly in less than 24 hours.
I knew when you turned 21 that you are expected to mature quickly, to start acting adult like which is weird because it's also when everyone starts acting like an idiot with partying every weekend and drinking like a horse. (Is that even a phrase? Probably not)

Well this week life said you need to grow up right this very instant. 
See this little problem:
This little thing is the reason I had to grow up in less than 24 hours.
You see I'm still on my parents insurance because you know I just graduated college and I'm paying for everything else on my own so why not receive a little help from your parents. 
Well it turns out for the entire 10 months I have been living here my health insurance has not been applicable.

So when your finger hurts and you can't go to the doctor it means you grow up.
Luckily, the state of Washington has easy access to health insurance and as of 9:30 p.m. I now have my own health insurance.

Oh and since I was growing up so quickly, I decided it was time to man up and finally get a Washington State drivers license. Is it just me or is it sad to lose your home states license. I loved every time someone looked at my ID and saw I was from the mid-west. 

Anyways, I grew up yesterday. What did you do?
Pin It

1 comment: