- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Life

My life has been quite a journey lately, this past week especially. Monday I felt lost and I found myself walking back to my apartment crying because of this feeling. I have changed a lot since high school and I sometimes miss the person I was then. I was involved in so much and never really had time to relax. Well, I know have a life that includes some relaxation which is probably good for a full-time student and part-time worker, but being busy defined who I was and I miss my busy side. The last year has shown me that I have pushed relationships away and that I instantly see the worst in people.

So to fix this fear and unrealistic mindset of mine, I participated in two small groups this week. One was purely to socialize and I loved it. I loved getting to know people better while at the same time allowing people to know me better. The second was a bible study and this was so hard to do! I've been trying to be more of collectivist when it comes to my faith rather than an individualist. I love the relationship I have with God, but I also know he says that we are a body and that we should fellowship with each other. I am still hesitant about the Bible study, but this is the first bible study I have been involved in since my Freshman year of college. Hopefully these events will help me to be more social and maybe add some healthy busyness to my life.

While this blog has always just been a place for me to journal in a way and keep family updated, I have decided I want it to include different aspects of my life as well. So this week I am going to share some recipes that I have made in the past couple of months. Thanks to the lovely website known as Pinterest I have been more creative when it comes to cooking.

I made this recipe this week and it was super quick and easy. We ended up eating dinner pretty late the night I made it so the chicken basically fell apart, but it was still a cheap and easy recipe for a college student.

This was also a quick and simple recipe, but not a favorite just by itself. I'd like to try it another time and create into a panini instead of just the tomato by itself. Takes about 10 minutes and is an easy appetizer or snack.

This recipe was not so quick. It took some time to prepare and a while to cook; plus I did not use the right noodles so it came out as more of a soup rather than casserole. Overall, it was delicious but not exactly efficient for the college life when it comes to time-management.


I saved the best for last! This recipe is so delicious and I have made it three times since I found it. I have a roommate who does not really enjoy marinara sauce, but she loves this dish. It's similar to lasagna with a twist and is just too yummy! It takes a little bit of time to make, but I'm willing to put in the time because we have enough for leftovers for a couple of days after making it.

As you can see most of my recipes have an Italian side to them. Pasta is affordable and cheap for us to make and I love Italian food! Seriously, I probably would eat it everyday except for the fact its not healthy to do that.

To end this post, I am going to leave you with some wisdom I am trying to implement into my life this week.
I do things based on feelings a lot and I really want to stop doing that. Feelings can be right sometimes, but mine lately have not been true. I hope you and I can work together to remember what we deserve. Whether that is a better friendship/relationship, a different lifestyle, or simply a job well-done.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment