- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, April 8, 2013

Reading List

I have been finding a lot of books that I cannot wait to read this summer.
Here's what I plan on spending my free-time doing:

 Columbine by Dave Cullen
Since high school, I have spent once a year reading about Columbine and the tragic event. I think I am just curious of the thoughts that went through the two students heads as they planned this event and the aftermath. It may sound grim, but I guess its just my way of preparing myself for the type of people I may encounter when I receive my counseling license.

The Westboro Baptist Church has created so much controversy over the last couple of years and I am looking forward to hearing the thoughts of an individual who once was one and now lives on the outside of it. 

I read about this book in a magazine and I was instantly drawn to it. This mother celebrates her last days with her family and chooses joy over sorrow. It is sure to be an inspirational book.

This book intrigued me because it was written by a girl who is my age. Yeah, she got a book published out of writing something for fun which is something I have always inspired to do.

  It's about your first love, how can you go wrong with it?

 This is another book about the Columbine tragedy. It looks inside the death of one of the students and how her faith was always present.

Do you have any suggestions of books to add to my summer reading list?
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. These are great! I notice they are all nonfiction (I think?). You will have to review them for us. I love nonfiction and would like to read these! I have read Rachel's Tears; it was a long time ago but I remember it being good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, great idea! I will definitely do that after I read them! I believe all of them are non-fiction except for DUFF.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good list!! You will definitely have to share which ones were your favorites!!! I am needing a few good books to add to my list =)

    ReplyDelete