- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reframing

In counseling class this week we are learning about Reframing.
This is taking something negative and turning it into a positive.
For example: You got a bad grade on a test (Negative)---> This is an opportunity for you to learn what you need to work on to get a better grade next time (Positive)
 
An exercise in my book said to take things you think are negative about yourself and change them into positive, so here I go:
 
Stubborn to Firm in decisions
Unpredictable to constantly changing
Impatient to ready to tackle things head on
Character of habit to know what I like

This is actually much more difficult than I thought. I've spent a week thinking of negative things, but I tend to do a good job of seeing the positive in myself (see I just did it!).  Overall, I think it is important to remember that every negative can be turned into a positive with your choosing.
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment