- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, February 15, 2013

Community

In the four years I have attended AU, we have only lost two students on our campus and one of those students lost his life last night. I am always shocked at how fast the news can circulate, but I am even more shocked that I did not recognize the names of these individuals when told. AU is small compared to a public school; it's also a school where you may know most, but not all. It's a school where community is present.

I've been waiting to write this post for a week now about the community I will be leaving in the next couple of months. I was ready to talk about entering a new community and holding on to an old, but I think I have been thinking of community wrong.

Community is praying for each other without having to know the details.
Community is coming together to love on each other even if you never even said a word to that individual.
Community is sharing life even when you walk across that stage and accept that diploma.

Community continues on; it does not stop, it follows you wherever you go.
I am thankful to have entered a community that will mourn, love, and share with me whenever I need or want it. 
I am especially thankful during these times to have a community that relies on each other and the strength of the lord to overcome the loss of a friend, brother, and neighbor.

It is so cliche, but life is short and we need to cherish the moments we have left.
So here is to cherishing my last semester at AU and sharing it with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Send a prayer out for our community as its a tough time for us.
Pin It

1 comment: