- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fight Song

Press play NOW!

I discovered this song the other day and I cannot get enough of it.
It's my song for the period of life I feel like I am right now.
I think we are always fighting for ourselves for different reasons.
Sometimes its for a job we've been seeking, sometimes its for health, and other times its to get the best deal possible. 

Right now I've just been fighting to be a better me. 
That means I've been trying to eat better.
I've been recording the food I eat, recording my workouts, weighing in every week, and making smart food choices. 
I am fighting for a healthier me.

I've also been fighting for my voice.
School has taught me that I am often afraid to let myself be heard whether that's my thoughts, feelings or ideas. 
I'm fighting for myself to be able to trust that what I have to say is important and meaningful.

I'm fighting for my relationship.
Nothing is wrong with Brad and I, but I am fighting to be a better fiance everyday.
I'm trying to be more conscious with my words asking myself if I am being encouraging, if I am listening, and if I am building him up rather than tearing him down. 

I could keep going on with the things I am fighting for, but it's not necessary.
I hope this song encourages you like it did me.


What are you fighting for?
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant idea! I am fighting for a lot of the same things as you (health especially and to be a better wife), also to be kinder to everyone and easier on myself. I think I'm going to have to find myself a song to really help keep me focused while I get through this period of transition (though sometimes I wonder if life doesn't always feel like transition?)
    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this song and the post.....Speaks to a lot in my life right now..thanks for sharing!!
    Best

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS SONG! It's a great one!

    And I love that you're inspired and that you're fighting to improve things in your life.

    ReplyDelete