- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, May 4, 2015

Dear my 16 year old self

Last week I fly back to Indiana to help out with some family situations.
While I was there I finished packing up the rest of my belongings and shipped them back to Seattle. Along the way I found some pretty awesome gems from the past.
This one in particular had everyone laughing.

Dear Rachel,
Today is our 16th Birthday. Also the day you really got your heart broken.
-side comment: I have no idea who broke my heart-
So now I'm writing a note to tell you all I've learned in these last 16 years,

1. Find your true friends-at the current moment they are Shannon, Lizzie, Tessa, Libby and Sarah.
-Only two of the people on this list made the cut-

2. Never let a boy be your life-do you really think he's the one?
-Because at 16 you should only date the boy you're going to marry-

3. God is always first-He's the one who always picks you up after you fall.

4. Mom and Dad are usually right-they have been so far.
-Oh the guts it took to admit this at age 16; I still do not like to admit they are right-

5. Never give up-Promise me you'll always remember you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

6. Believe in yourself-you can do the impossible.

7. Give it your all-you can do amazing things.

8. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8- is your all time verse; it will get you through a lot.

9. You are the champion-you win in everything you do.


Oh thank you to the boy who broke my heart for you lead me to write very inspirational things and very humorous as well.

Rachel, we win in everything we do. Keep being the champion I know you are!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the Winnie The Pooh quote. <3 This is WAY beyond most 16 year olds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Thanks for sharing and welcome to Seattle! I live across the pond in Seattle, love connecting with other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one IN girl that has found her home in the Seattle area, welcome. I love the thoughts. Isn't it fun finding things we wrote so long ago? I wish I were a journal writer. I would have had fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! What a wise person you were at just 16 ;-)
    I remember one time I found a list of things I wanted in a husband that I wrote when I was younger. I know I still have it and I really want to find it seeing as how I'm not back on the market. Maybe I can find the right guy this time ;-)
    I'll have to look for it and share it on my blog.
    Hope you have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fun find! I need to dig through some of my boxes and see if I have any lingering letters to myself!

    ReplyDelete