- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Belated Valentines

So no one told me Valentines Day is actually really cool. 
I have worked every Valentines Day for the last five years at Pipers.

In 2009, I went on my first date on Valentine's Day. That date consisted of seeing Taken. Yes, super romantic, but will forever be remembered as my first official Valentine's day date.

In 2010, I went on a second Valentine's Day date to see the movie Valentine's Day. Super cheesy, I know. I actually ended up hating this movie and now I own it. I wouldn't say I love it, but movies with a ton of big names in it is pretty cool. 

Three years later, I went on my third Valentine's Day date. I was totally spoiled this year. This man I am dating went all out. Not only did he do good by giving me gifts (a.k.a. my love language), he also completely surprised me. As I was riding my bike home on Monday, which is the day we celebrated since I had to work on Thursday, I had this little hope that I would be surprised with a flower, but if Psychology has taught me anything you typically do not get something without asking for it. Well boo-yah Psychology! My man walked into my house with his hands behind his back and I got this giddy-little girl smile on my face because I knew he was holding a surprise behind his back.

FLOWERS! Not just a flower, but multiple flowers. 

And that's not it, he also gave me a cute little teddy bear and this decorated card.

And to follow my Valentine's tradition that I did not know was a tradition, we went to see Safe Haven. Let me give you some background on how excited I was to see this movie. I read the book last year and cried! I am not into Nicholas Sparks, but I loved this book. Then I read it again in November because I knew it was coming out and wanted to read it because of how good it is. So to get my point across- I WAS REALLY EXCITED TO SEE IT! Let alone my boyfriend agreed to see it with me.

By the end of the movie, this girl was not happy. If you have read the book, prepare yourself as you may not agree with the directors interpretation of it. I was super disappointed and bummed the movie was not as good as the book.

Overall, it was the best Valentine's I have celebrated so far. Movies, flowers, and surprises! Happy V-day to me! 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hey, new follower from the GYB Blog Hop. Looking forward to following along. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete