- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, February 1, 2013

14 Years of Long Distance Love

There is a special man in my families life who has been loving us from a distance for a while now.
He is a man I remember through the memories of others as I was too young to retain the time we spent together. Though death has separated us it is funny to feel like I know him so well. I see him in my brothers face, I hear his personality from my nan, and I see his love demonstrated through my mother. 
 
I remember the day of his death as the words "He's gone came" out of my grandmother's voice. You could hear the defeat, sadness, and loss in her voice. You could see the pain in my mothers tears. But my grand-dad's love shown down on the day of his funeral. I remember the snow falling and creating snow men with my uncles. At the time, it seems so wrong to find beauty and fun in a day that mourns death, but I am reminded on the first of February each year that life should be celebrated. Tears may come and longing will succeed, but his life will always be cherished and remembered so lovingly.
 
We are all thinking of you today grand-dad!
Can't wait to join you some day!
Pin It

1 comment: