- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Who comes first?

Do you ever just have those days that are okay and then take a huge turn for the worse?
Well, I had that day a few days ago. It resulted in my crying some annoying tears that just made my eyes puffy when I woke up. I had not cried in a long time. Most of the time I only cry because of a movie now which is weird since I used to be known to cry at the drop of a pen. Okay, as I am writing this I am realizing I cried last Friday because of being reunited with my two best friends, but this is besides the point. Anyways, I woke up the next day still feeling down and upset. 

I was preparing myself to feel this way all day until I got the idea to read a devotional. What better way is there to start your day then with a word from God? And that is when it hit me. I have not started my mornings with God in a long, long, long time. This summer I was great at reading my daily devotional and it typically created a positive attitude in me. God has been on the back-burner in my life and I am ashamed to admit it.

I probably need God more than I have ever needed him in my life. I am about to close one book and open another. I will begin and end relationships, say tough goodbye's, and welcome new hello's. I will have to learn how to lean on him and be constantly reminded of his provision.
So I start the rest of my day of with this prayer:

"Lord, keep my eyes, heart, and mind open to what you have for me. Allow me to see what you see, to feel what you feel, and to think how you think."

Spend some time with the big man today; he misses you.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment