- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, August 19, 2013

What I Love About Me

Can I just tell you how many doubts enter your head when you move?
Well, it's a lot! I have been experiencing a lot of doubt within myself since I've gotten to Washington. I've wondered if it was worth it, if I was crazy for leaving all familiarity, and if I will actually survive for three years by myself out here.

And then there are the days when you just have to be a little self-centered and remember why you are great and what makes you strong. So yes, this entire post is about what I love about myself.
You should try it, it's amazing how it will change your perspective on things.

1.) I love my persistence. If I want something, I work to get it. If I have a dream, I achieve it.

2.) I love my work-ethic. Yes, some may call me a work-a-holic, but I thrive from working hard. I'm willing to give it my all if I am 100% into it. 

3.) My goodness, I love my hair! I am so thankful God knew the type of girl I am--one who has no desire to spend hours to look cute. These locks of wave make my life so much easier and make getting ready to go out simple. Pin it back and I'm done. 

(For example: This date took a total of 15 minutes to get ready. Shower, let hair air dry, and then put some eyeliner on. BAM! Ready for the day!)

4.) I love that I don't deal with the crap. Be dramatic, lie to me, or completely be a mean person--go ahead! I just won't spend my time on you.

5.) I love that I'm a girl who his hips. Yeah, you won't find me in a bikini, but I will rock that one piece like its my job. 

6.) I love that I stand my ground. I've got standards and I've got rules when it comes to dating. Sure, you can try to get past them, but I can guarantee you that there will most likely not be another date in your future.

7.) I love that I can laugh at myself and rock my embarrassment. Just the other day I walked out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Oh yeah, I definitely hurried to get that paper off my shoe, but then I preceded to laugh at how funny it was and allowed my face to be red for a few minutes.

8.) I love that I am a people person. It can be exhausting at times, but I love my relationships and enjoy building upon others.

9.) I love my bargain shopping. Three tops and a scarf all for $21. Yes, I should do this for a living!

What do you love about yourself? 
And if you haven't been loving yourself, it is time to start!
Take yourself out to a movie, get that pedicure you've been waiting for, buy that shirt you've had your eye on for weeks now, or just stand in the mirror and admire who you are.

TREAT YO SELF! LOVE YA SELF!
(Sorry ghetto Rachel just came out)
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Great post girl! I can relate to all except bargain shopping! That is definitely not my strong sute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post! Sometimes when people ask me what I love about myself.. I get stumped! I love the confidence you have!

    ReplyDelete