- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, December 2, 2013

Dear Christy, Katie, and Kara

I started reading the last installment to one of my favorite book series and realized I have some words to share with some of my favorite non-fictional characters.

Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn
Dear Christy,
       Where do I even start? I envisioned being you in high school. I wanted to have the strong faith you had and the guy who is willing to wait to date you until you both feel as if God is ready for it. I strove to wait for my own Todd and for a guy who is as great as him. I studied my bible, went to youth group, went on missions trips, and prayed like it was my job because that's what you did. I had fights with my best friend about whether I was more like Christy or Katie and I truly believe I was you in real life. Who knows, maybe I am. Because of you I now cannot date a guy who is unbeliever, doesn't love my family, or who is not willing to wait for me. I don't know whether to thank you or cry because it's going to take some time to find him. All I know is you made me a better person and still do when I reminiscence about our days together.
Love Rachel

Katie Weldon Series by Robin Jones Gunn
Dear Katie,
     I love you! To be honest, I think I am more like you than Christy. We have the spunk, the random freak outs, and the awkwardness thing going for us. Plus it helps I was once a red-head as well and I have dated some duds too. You have been my favorite character to turn to when it comes to my life. You have your honest doubts about faith, you questions whether the next step is really meant to be, and you have the strength to end a relationship that could workout in the future because your desire to follow God's will for you personally is more important. I do not even know how to thank you for your current wisdom and encouragement to continue down the path I am going. You, my friend, have been a life-savior and a reminder to keep fighting for what you believe in and want.
Love Rachel

The Guy I'm Not Dating by Trish Perry
Dear Kara,
      Oh my friend, we have had some great laughs. You are me and I am you. We are clumsy, hilarious, and down-to-earth. We both have given up on dating to fulfill God's desire for whats best for us. We both say things out loud we shouldn't and we both interpret situations in the wrong way at times. What I love most about you is your prayer-warrior status. If something is wrong, you turn to prayer and I wish I still did that. When I am down in my luck, I remember you and your faithfulness to God and then I pray. You are inspiration that not-dating can lead to marriage; friendship is more important and that more can blossom when you take your time. Thanks for always making me laugh out loud and reminding me I have something better in store for my life.
Your dear friend Rachel

Do you all have book characters that you find yourself connecting to so well? Who are they and whats the book? I'd love to check them out


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment