- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Power of Words

I was thinking today about the power our words have and some phrases that can make all the difference. I have had a lot of truth spoken into me lately and it's not always easy to hear. And I started to think about the words that occur in most of our lives that can be life-changing.

"I love you."
Love is that thing we are always searching, striving, and desiring for/of. Hearing the words from a mother, father, friend, lover, husband, etc. can make all the difference in your day. And it's amazing what saying that phrase can communicate to someone. I think of those words and what they mean to me: that I am cared for, that I am appreciated, that I am wanted/needed, that I am loved.

"I'm sorry."
Saying this is probably the hardest phrase I know to say, but I know the value of it. To admit your wrong and to truly want forgiveness is powerful. And to have the strength to say this to someone takes a lot of humbling.

"I forgive you."
I know I have said this so many times, but I do not always mean it. To actually let go of a transgression against me takes a lot of work. This is a phrase that is much more of an action than a statement. To forgive asks you to let go of what was done against you and to not return to it. Easier said then done.

What are some words or phrases that are powerful for you?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment