- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Girl in the Window Sill

She climbs onto the sill and sits looking out the window. 
She watches the people move about, the cars pass by, and sun-rise turn to sun-set. 
She sits thinking about all the possibilities in her life. 
What will I do when my time is done here?
Will this be my home forever?
What significant things will happen in the next three years?
She thinks about the past and how it has brought her to where she is today.
Because of him I learned how to move on.
Because of her I know what a true friend looks like.
Because of family, I have learned to how to love imperfect people.
And as she thinks her mind wanders in and out of many thoughts.
She catches herself sometimes and reminds herself to just breathe.
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
As she breathes, she's reminded of the goodness.
The goodness of having another day to start again.
The goodness of community.
Of love.
Of faith.
Of hope.
And she finds herself happy.

--I was inspired to take a break from school and throw myself into writing. To write about this girl that I may wish was me or includes many parts of myself. Sometimes there is just beauty in being willing to enter into writing without having any idea where the words will flow.--
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment