- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, November 18, 2013

Love: My Life Theme

So for school this week, I had to write a paper called "The Tragedy Paper."
Yes, it is as terrifying as it sounds. Now, this post is not going to go into detail about that paper because it will take at least a year of counseling and probably three years of school before I feel comfortable talking about it.
I am going to talk about the theme of my life that I discovered from that paper.
It really was not too surprising for me, but the way it revolves around my entire life was. 

So the life theme for me is Love. 
Sounds great right?
Well, what I've learned from school is that love is a craving or a hunger that can never be fulfilled.
Once you get an ounce of it, you want another ounce, and another. 
Find love today and you will want even more love tomorrow.
It sounds like you'll never be satisfied, right?
And that's what I struggled with.
What if the love I got today is all I will get?
Can I be okay with that?
I feel like the obvious answer is no because I will always want more.


And then I thought about love in my relationships.
I seek it out, I perform tasks to receive, and I give much of myself to get more back.
It's a fuel that pushes me but also pulls me. 
I desire love and seek it out. I've been searching for it for a long time.
Yes, I have found it so many times, but I have also missed it so many times.

Writing this portion of my paper started to make me question the mission of being love in my life.
Why would I live out a life of love if it may never be enough?
And then I realized I would much rather live a life constantly craving love than a life that has no desire to find it.

What's your life theme and what does it say about you?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment