- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, November 22, 2013

So did I tell you I have a boyfriend?

In case you did not know, I did some dating when I moved to Washington.
And by did some, I mean quite a few.
My first few weeks were plan-less and meeting new people sounded like fun so I took a risk and tried OkCupid! after a friend had suggested it.

To save my boo's identity a little bit, I will call him B*. 
B* and I started off texting and he asked me to hangout twice before I finally said yes the third time. We met at Red Robbin because I was craving myself some sweet potato fries. 
When he walked in, I was first shocked at how tall he was. I'm 5'2 and B* is at least 6'2. A giant compared to me. He also looked like a southern boy which you do not see many of them out here so I was instantly loving him. Did I mention he has red hair? Yeah, I was in heaven.

So dinner started and the boy sure knows how to talk. It was the most naturally flowing conversation and I loved it. It wasn't me having to do all the "get to know you" work. He actually wanted to get to know me. From dinner we went to Alki beach to grab some ice cream. I was freaking out about his awesome ride and I am sure he was just trying to get me to look up so he could see my face.

He drove me home like any gentleman would do and then met my roommate which proceeded to even more talking. Our second date did not go so well, but we won't go there. Thanks to his lovely mother who talked some sense into him, he gave me another chance and we've been pretty inseparable since. 

And here's why:
1.) The boy loves the laugh I make that I think would scare any man away. He keeps trying to get me to laugh like that again because he thinks its cute.
2.) He will race me to doors so that he can open them for me because he knows I sometimes am too independent to let him do it.
3.) He won't let me quit school even though some days I highly consider it.
4.) The boy talks! I mean he is really good at this and not in a bad way. He actually enters into deep conversations with me because he wants too. No teeth-pulling here.
5.) He acts like a southern boy all the time. I love it!
6.) Did I mention he has red hair? I am such a sucker for the red-heads. 
7.) I have cowgirl boots and he has a cowboy hat. Could we be any more perfect?
8.) The boy is honest to a T. Even if I don't ask, he is going to tell me. Yes, sometimes it shocks me but then I laugh and remind myself how nice it is to have someone so straight-forward like me.

I could go on and on, but I think that's enough sap for today.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That's great!! It is always there when you are not looking--I have a new fella in my life too and it really does make life grand!! :) New follower here. http://secondchances-ash.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete