- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Learnings

Let's just say this is not an easy post for me to write because it includes something that I am sad to admit. I have always thought I was that great girl to date--you know the one who is laid back, doesn't care if you take your time, and makes dating easy. Well, apparently not!

I have realized recently that I am bad at allowing people(ahem-guys) to pursue me. I guess I'm what you could call an alpha female. And not that there is anything wrong with being a strong female, but I have slowly come to realize that as a female I need to allow the male population to pursue me.

Why should I do that?
Because I am tired of being the one that makes a relationship happen. I shouldn't have to "make" it happen, I should allow it to happen. Yes, I need to do my part--show my interest, flirt, express how I feel. I don't have to be the one who starts the DTR talk or ask the guy out.

I am not sure how to describe it, but there is something feminine about allowing a man to express his interest with you naturally. Does anyone know what I am talking about or understand?

Can anybody relate? 
I guess I am going through this phase in life where I feel like I have to have it all. Is this a natural feeling for college graduates? 

I keep reminding myself to just breathe and let life come. 
I've finally realized to stop and live life. I fought myself from taking a work shift because I knew I could make good money, but I needed a break and so I told myself no. 

I am sorry this turned into just life and the stuff I am dealing with. Can anyone just assure me that I am okay and I'm where every typical 22 year old is at in life?
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I think you are feeling what all 22 year olds feel! And probably 30, 35, etc. in many situations. I think you are on to something here though.. just let it happen! I like the idea! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate! I have felt the same way about myself since graduating college, and still do at 26! I guess I still need to work on letting guys pursue me. I think that I am just too driven in my life and goals that I don't let them (guys) in. Now I'm making myself sound like a crazy person who is anti-social ha ha I'm not! I think too that when it's the right guy it will just happen! Or at least I hope so:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same. I recently got told that I was too demanding. I was like well...once we get past that and you show me that I can in fact count on you to be there, then I am super laid back. But apparently I make it ridiculously hard to get there. I feel the need to have everything together all the time, and it is so stressful.

    ReplyDelete