- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, November 15, 2013

360

It is crazy to think about where I was a year ago today.
I was in the midst of my last year at undergrad trying to figure out the next steps for my life.
This time last year I had just returned from Washington from my interview day and I was overwhelmed.
I had no idea if this is really what I wanted for my life.
Move across the country?
From family and friends?
From familiarity?

To say I was freaking out would be an understatement.
I was terrified.
Probably because I knew I would move across the country from everything I knew if I got a letter saying I was accepted.
And obviously, by now, you know I did just that.
I up and moved to this state I fell in love with.

The whole thing still blows my mind.
I am still stunned every time I see Mt. Rainier.
I am still shocked when I look at the weather forecast and see a week full of rain ahead of me.
I still have yet to wear my rain boots on the rainy days.
I still can't believe that I find myself at Starbucks frequently each week writing papers or doing readings for class.

It's just plain weird and what is even more weird is the I'm adjusted.
The idea of going home for Christmas for two weeks seems too long because it means being gone from my new home. (It's also difficult to pack for two weeks with two carry-on's!).
This is my home.
Anderson is home.
Greenwood is home.

Is it possible for the heart to have so many homes?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I do love that we are going through so many similar things at the same time. It's nice to hear someone echoing my thoughts as well. I think the heart has many homes. You'll always have a soft spot for places where you experienced growth, because those memories are attached to that spot.

    ReplyDelete