- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My 9 to 5 #TOTALSCOIAL

I have not had much inspiration in the blogging area lately, but this link-up is sch an easy write that I could not avoid joining it.

As most people who have read this blog before, part of my 9 to 5 is being a student. With that said, that means my hours are rarely 9 to 5 anything. Some days I am in school from 2-8 p.m. and other days I am in school from 9:30-2:30.

Much of my school days look like this:
 This is actually the building I walk into for school. It used to be an old suitcase factory so there is vintage suitcases all over the building. 

 While this is not me in class, it describes a lot of what I do in class. I make to-do lists, blog or read blogs, and typically drink some kind of coffee.
And this is what it looks like if I am actually doing my school work. Sometimes I just cannot handle it anymore that I have to lay down on top of it to let it sink into my mind.

The other part of my 9 to 5 is working at The Cheesecake Factory.
I know, I know, you all love that place!
I love it most of the time too, especially since it is the perfect job to have in graduate school.
It is great money and flexible with my constantly changing school schedule.
Here's some things people do not know about working at the factory though:
-You know how big that menu is? Well, it's so big that before you can be hired you have to pass a written exam and a food idea exam. Yeah, they're that serious about their food
-Every six months the menu changes which is why sometimes you're surprised your favorite item is not on there. If an item is not selling, we get rid of it.
-The bread you call the brown bread is actually whole wheat bread. Who da thunk?
-Some of those items you think are vegetarian are not actually vegetarian. If you are a serious veggie only eater, then make sure to ask your server to guarantee it is 100% vegetarian. We use beef and chick stock in a lot of stuff.

 This is what I do after a shift, I count all that money I made and then it disappears quickly because living in Seattle is expensive and I have a Starbucks addiction.


This is not me at The Cheesecake Factory because we do not wear black there, but this is a picture of me serving. I've been in this industry for 8 years now. I started when I was 16 as a hostess and moved up from there. It's a hard industry to get out of.

Feel free to ask anymore questions about The Cheesecake Factory or tell me your favorite dish!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. that's so cool that your school was a suitcase factory! who knew! and love cheesecake factory yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for us coffee drinkers! haha. This was a fun post, I seriously enjoy the posts of getting "the inside scoop" of someone's life when they aren't blogging, those posts are the best :) Anyways, I'm excited I found your blog from the link up today and excited to be following you on twitter and Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete