- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Remember that time I said I was quitting school?

So a month or two ago I wrote about how I wanted to take some time off from school.
Well...guess who changed her mind again?
Shocking, right?

I sometimes make a big decision a little too quickly and then tell the whole world about it.
Pretty common for 20 year old's I think.
After spending weeks applying for jobs, I only had one interview scheduled with a college that I ended up cancelling because of the horrible job reviews I read about.
Plus, I cancelled because at that point I decided I should finish graduate school.

Here is my thought process.
1.) I don't want to be called a quitter. I always said I wanted to finish graduate school and I am going to.
2.) I've devoted a whole year to this program and I do not want to start over. It was a hard first year and it should not be wasted.
3.) In order to decrease the stress and the mundane-ness I was experiencing, I am moving to a four year track. This means I will graduate in June 2017. It also means an average of 5 credits per semester except for this coming fall which will still be a 9 credit semester because of two classes I want to take. 
4.) I can work more with this schedule as well and will be done with school in April of 2017 allowing me two months to search for a job before my graduation ceremony.

This is probably what I should have done all along, but sometimes you have to realize it yourself. Everyone surrounding me wanted me to finish school and adding on a year for it does not change the fact that I will complete it.

So thank you to all who sent warm thoughts and prayer my way. I believe I received them and very much appreciated it.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment