- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Missing this space

My blogging has been minimal lately and I will not lie...
I miss this space.
But part of me also feels like this space is not the same for me anymore.
The graduate school journey for me requires that I share my passion, heart, and life with my cohort and the idea of sharing it on here as well seems plain exhausting.
But I still miss this area.
I miss my 5 day's a week blogging goal and I miss the community of it.

Reading blogs throughout this school year got me through many long classes, but I could never convince myself to write blog posts during those classes. I think I wrote just a few blog posts while I was in class. I've been thinking lately that I need to get back into a routine of blogging, but some of the things I want to write about scares me. 

I am scared ya'll might think I am crazy, weird, or think I shouldn't be sharing some of the stuff I want to share. But this year of graduate school has changed me a lot. I've learned that everyone has a story about their family of origin and that we all have a tragedy story. I've learned that I'm a racist and that I treat people of different skin color badly. I've learned that my faith has changed dramatically and it may never return to the place it once was. I could go on and on, but I am not sure you want to hear it all.

Yet these are the things I want to write about, but I'm scared you may judge me.
Can I write about what I learned in my multicultural class?
Can I write about my family of origin?
Can I write about my lost faith?
Will you still receive my words with kindness and grace?

I want to return to this space, but part of me says I can't and I don't know what to do with that.
Am I in a blogging rut? Is this normal for bloggers? 
Does any body have answers for me?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I think it's normal to not update often! (Mine are maybe once a month) plus not putting excessive pressure on yourself is great self-care. :)

    ReplyDelete