- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, October 2, 2015

To the Greatest Woman Alive

Obviously one of these women is me and I am not about to write about how I am the greatest woman alive. The other woman is my mother and today is her birthday. 

For the longest time I always thought my mother's birthday was on October 3rd. 
Why? I have no idea. I just could not get it in my head it was the 2nd of October.
And then I moved away and I never forgot the date again.
Life is weird sometimes.

Anyways, back to the woman above.
I know we all think we have the best mother, but here's why mine is THE best!

1. Hospitality.
There cannot be anyone else more hospitable than my mom.
She has taught me how to throw an awesome party, how to treat people when they come into your home, and how to give them the best goodbyes.
Thanks to her my friends only wanted to have parties at my house which made my house "the cool house."
Oh, we also always had a freezer packed with pizza rolls and fish sticks.
If you haven't had those together, go to the store and try it!
It's awesome!

2. Confidence.
My mom is 5 foot, if that.
But her confidence makes her taller than she seems.
This woman instilled in me to stand taller than I am, think smarter than I am, and be better than I am. She taught me that I determine where I stand, not others.
Thanks to her I do not get walked all over by people.

3. Love
Some people think love means being supported, cared for, desired, etc.
And yes, it does mean that.
But my mother taught me a type of love that I think some never experience.
My mom taught me to love from a distance.
She allowed me to make my own mistakes, to learn how to say "I'm sorry," and to learn how to ask for forgiveness. 
This is love people.
Love cares, desires, hopes for, and pushes you to learn.

I could go on and on, but these are the top reasons why the greatest woman alive is my mother and is the reason to celebrate her today!

Happy Birthday Mom!
I love and miss you tons!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm sure your mom is pretty awesome. But mine is still THE best! ;-) I hope she had a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete