- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week one of Staff Training

Okay I have a lot to say and very little time so here it goes.

Friday: I painted signs for our luau, we went to the mall, and played lots of cards.

Saturday: I got to sleep in, played some more cards, set up a bunch of tents so they could air out, and we had our first campfire.

Sunday: We went to a lutheran church and let's just say it was interesting. It kind of felt like Catholic mass and nothing I could find myself going to on a regular basis. Then we went to lunch at a Mexican burrito place and ate huge burritos. Then we came back and I had my first swim in Lake Samish. It was freezing, but fun. Then all the other staff arrived at 4 and we played lots of get to know you games.

Monday: We did a camp tour, vespers-a calming biblical aspect of the day, learned about lutherwood's history, and I got homesick because I was tired and wanted to sleep in my own bed. And I was annoyed that everyones parents kept showing up at camp.

Tuesday: We had to do low and high ropes course. Low was easy, but high was hard for me since I don't like heights. I made it to the tires on the vertical playpin and then opted to come down because I was scared. Pretty good, if I say so myself. We did some more stuff but once again I can't remember.

Wednesday: We practed stranger danger scenerio. One of the staffers went missing and we had to practice what we would do to find him. I also got to try on a police uniform and I think I looked pretty legit. I'll post a picture on facebook eventually. We also practiced canoe tipping and it was hard. My arms were so tired from climbing the rock wall I couldn't pull myself into the boat. We played some more games and I sang at Campfire. We also made out own campfires. Yes, I made a campfire.

Thursday: We set up upper OAP for campers to camp in. Then we took a backpack training class which was cool but also boring. We went over cleaning 101 and then I shared part of my testimony at vespers. Then we played pictionary in our houses. I was sorted into the Slytherin house.

Friday: Slytherin led morning watch so I lead a song and participated in a skit. We then had a lot of talking sessions about rules (Boring!). Then we spent the night camping out. Dinner was interesting to say that least and then we actually left at 3:30 in the morning because our covering was leaking and getting us all wet.

I'm loving camp and all the people I'm meeting. My camp name is Indy which I actually like. Okay I have to call my mother before she gets mad at me! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment