- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bellingham: Day 5 and 6

I am still loving Washington. I can't help but just observe everything because it is so different from Indiana. I love waking up to mountains surrounding me and seeing the beautiful lake shimmering. The weather I enjoy, but I'll be honest I am missing a little bit of the Indiana heat. It's been a little chilly here the last two days, but I wouldn't trade it for humidity. We have been working hard the last two days at camp.

On Tuesday we cleaned the girls side of camp. Yes I cleaned. Then we worked on Staff Manuals for the rest of the day (about 4 hours) and still didn't finish them. After work, I skyped with my family and then we went to a past counselor's house and played a game called Killer Bunnies. It was confusing at first, but I ended up loving it and want to play it again. Then Vespa and I came back to the apartment and play Rachel Rummy (Raquel or Rocky Rummy).

Wednesday Luigi and Vespa had to work the ropes course so I spent my day working on Staff Manuals again and finally finished them around 3. So in all, those stinking manuals took about 9 hours. A little ridiculous, but I'm glad they are done. We also made a sign for one of the counselor's flying in from Australia since we are picking him up at the airport today. Then we grabbed some dinner and played some guitar and met another new counselor (Patrick). We played a couple rounds of bocce ball and then I taught them how to play Euchre and they beat me for being newbies.

Each day is different and exciting and I'm starting to come out of the shell I put myself in the first couple of days. I don't think I realize I was going to be gone from home for a long period of time and I finally realized that when I was here so I closed up a little bit, but luckily I'm coming out of it now. Hopefully, I can take some more pics later but I just keep forgetting to take my camera with me. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment