- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 3: Olympia, Washington

Sorry for the delayed post, but life is very busy here in Washington. This past week four others and I went to Olympia, Washington to do a VBS day camp. It was challenging, fun, and a learning experience for all of us. Every single day we had chapel which I played guitar for and then we would break out into cabin times. I had 5th and 6th graders with another counselor because there was 17 of them. They were all fun to get to know, but boy do they push your buttons. By the end of the day, my voice would be scratchy with all the singing and yelling I had to do.

For cabin times, we did bible encounter which is where we go over the theme for the day and do activities that involve the theme. Then we went to game time and basically had the kids run around so they would be tired by the end of the day. Then we had lunch and went into more games with everyone. After games, we had environmental activity which was basically more game time since they didn't have much nature area for us. We ended the day with craft time and closing chapel.

When we were done planning for the day we would head back to our host family house and spend time relaxing or exploring Olympia. It was nice to be able to relax at night and share our lives with our Awesome host family (Tibbets). If I did day camps every week, I don't think I would complain because it was still fun, but I would like at least a couple of weeks on the actual camp site.

When we all returned from our day camps on Friday we had closing staff worship and dinner and then the group of people who stayed camped out in the mountains. Before camp out, we got to go on the boat and I went tubing for my first time! It was scary, but fun too. Saturday morning Maverick put on a Wake board event so we spent the day helping run it which meant more time on the lake. With all that time on the lake also meant a very sun burnt Rachel which I am still recovering from.

I am still loving Washington, but I wouldn't mind a quick trip home to see everyone and just be at home with family for a week. If anyone wants to come visit, feel free. I have Saturdays off and would love to spend it with you!


This was a superhero mural in Olympia that we discovered one night in Washington.



The kissing statue by the Puget Sound. Of course we all had to make our kissy faces!




The Olympia Wolf Pack! L:R Carmello, Izza, Me (Indy), and BC





And of course the three roommates for the week. We love each other!





Izza took this picture while in Olympia. It's just beautiful at night here!








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment