- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 5: Camano Island, Washington

This week I was sent to do a VBS camp on Camano Island which is about an hour south of Bellingham. It was a relief to take a week away from camp and explore an area that I have never seen completely before. I was assigned 6th graders again which has been awesome because I love middle school students, but I forget that they are still maturing and dealt with a lot of random noisy students. I banned all things Justin Beiber and talks about which camp counselor I had a crush on (Side note- All the guys at camp are great guys and I enjoy getting to know them. I am not dating any of them nor am I engaged/married to any of them. Your welcome mom and dad!)

Being a camp counselor is a wonderful job, but also very tiring. I keep getting asked whether I will come back next year, but I am not at a point where I would be sure of my decision. At this point, I am in the middle and prefer to stay undecided since I still have another six weeks here.

Since my week was similar to one I have explained before I will just give some highlights and things I have learned/love about Washington.


Highlights

Morning greetings/hugs from Keith (a first grader)

Applause after every time I sang at B.O.B. (body on your bunk) time. I felt like a superstar.

Being asked if Keith was my son. If I was older, I would adopt him in a heartbeat!

Matchmaker Kylie; she was sure Pippin and I would be married in the future.

Bible encounters with honest, open hearts.


What I love/have learned about Washington

Thunderstorms do not happen often here, but today God finally granted me one!

Whales eat seals sometimes; sad, but true.

The weather is perfect for me. Never too hot or too cold and rarely is it humid here.

Waking up to mountains never gets old.

City life here is beautiful and filled with green grass.

Unique and one of a kind stores are everywhere.

The style for everyone is so different and unique; yet, accepted by all.


If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to leave a comment on my blog and I will do my best to reply in a timely manner.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment