- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Spectacular Now

The most spectacular thing happened yesterday.
I walked out of this restaurant:
And I did not look back. I marched on, head held high with happiness.

My itch has been relieved. A change has occurred and I am happy. 
I spent this past week receiving a little taste of what 2015 will bring for me.
Being nanny will have difficult moments, but I think it will be filled with more meaningful and beautiful moments than cheesecake.

The restaurant industry has blessed me in many ways.
It began in 2008. I applied for a job at the YMCA and was accepted, but I wanted to be a hostess at a restaurant so bad that I practically begged for a position.
Thanks to a wonderful woman in my life, she called me up and gave me a chance and hired me after my first day. It became my first job and I have spent many hours, days, and years in this industry.

It has provided me with a way to live and get by, with lessons learned, opportunities to grow and become more assertive. It provided me with friends and a second family. It provided me with joy for a long time. 

But as of lately the joy disappeared so I needed to part ways before I became too bitter to ever look back on the goodness. 

Today starts the day of a new journey and I welcome it with open arms!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! Glad you're doing what you want! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete