- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Itch

Anybody remember this post from a few weeks ago?
Basically, I talked about how I had an itch for change.
I have been talking about this itch for a while.
As I told a friend at school about my itch, I said "it's either my job or my hair."
And while it is always fun to change your hair, I really need to stop taking out my need for change on my hair. And yes, my hair thanked me for this by deciding to go back to its perfect waves out of the shower air drying ways.

Well, the good news is that the itch has been relieved. 
It has been scratched and soothed and it is happy.
Ready for the news?
Okay, here we go...


My new movement in life is to be Mary Poppins.
Yep, I am going to walk around with the bag that gives everything, sing about spoon full's of sugar, and jump into sidewalk art.
Okay, so maybe I won't be doing all that, but I am going to be a nanny.

After taking my human growth and development class this year, I feel I have a better understanding of the child development process and how important it is build healthy relationships at all points in life. Because of this class it made me realize I could be in a happier place by making my job to pay my bills almost like my future job in a way.
No, I won't be counseling these kids although I am sure it will come out unconsciously or consciously, but I will be practicing the building of relationships with children, teens, and families.

I am very excited for this new opportunity and cannot wait to share the stories and the learning that will come. I appreciate those who have thought of me during this time of need for change and for the ideas given to me. I never thought being a nanny would be something I would put on my resume, but I am excited for the change and the adventure ahead. 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wooo congratulations! Love Mary Poppins! I have that itch too for the past year. Hopefully something will come together soon!

    ReplyDelete