- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Two Days in of Being Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins, how did you do it?


I'm not singing to birds yet.
My bag hasn't magically turned into something that holds everything.
And that hair style, I cannot even attempt to try you.

Okay, it really is not that bad.
I am in day two of my morning nanny gig and the kids are quite lovely.
Today we played balloon volley ball for ten minutes.
I will take balloon volley ball over serving any day.
Yeah, I got paid for playing with a balloon today.
Be jealous!

But that hard part is waking up to the horrendous noise at 5:50 in the morning.
I am sure that's quite a late start to some of you, but for me that's almost like death.
I do not know what it is about being up before 6 a.m. but my body is hating me for waking up before 6 the last two days. I expect to be fully awake around 11 and instead my body says "No, you suck. Get some Starbucks"
And so I get some Starbucks and my body decides to be somewhat nice to me, but it still slightly angry. 

Someone please tell me early mornings get easier the longer you do it.
Despite the morning, it really is quite fun to be able to wear my own clothes (no uniform!) and help little kids get ready for their day.

The little boy loves to count. Today he babbled on about how he has to wait 765 days for Christmas even though it's 9 days away. I have no idea what he meant, but he was set in his ways. And the little girl is so sweet. She loves to help her brother and tried to teach him division today even though he is only learning how to add right now. They're geniuses, I tell ya!

Okay, just thought I should let you into the Mary Poppins world a little bit and show you how happy I am despite the early wake-up call. Having breakfast with my man in the morning makes it pretty perfect too. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment