- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, April 3, 2015

Nanny Life Update

It has been a while since I've shared with you my Mary Poppins Adventure.
So what better way to share than with a list!

1. I now understand how parents can be so calm one minute and explode the next.
It is so ridiculously hard to keep your cool with kids. 
They know how to get you to tick and they do not have the mindset that there are worse things in life than not getting to wear your favorite shoes to school that day. 

I think these words come out of my mouth quite often!

2. I never imagined I would feel like I am the extremely older sister almost all the time.
In my head, I am in adult mode, but I also have been in older sister mode for a while.
I never knew I would grow to love these kids like family and feel like I am their older sister most of the time.

3. I forgot how much kids like to fight with you about silly things.
Both of my families have an issue with homework, but who doesn't at their age.
Even I have an issue with homework, but I'm grown and know I have to do it.
The phrase "it's like pulling teeth" has never been more true.
The homework struggle is real and the fight happens every day!



I am learning so much in this new job pursuit. Yes, it is not what I want to do forever, but it sure is preparing me for motherhood even thought my choice for that decision in life is a Hard No!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! LOVE the Freaky Friday gif. :) You got this, girl!

    ReplyDelete