- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My First Job

I have a lot of amazing memories from my first job.
I was 16 and I wanted a job so bad.
Weird, right? Most 16 year old's do not want to work.
But I have always been an independent, hard worker and I think I just needed to have a way to provide for myself.

My parent's eventually agreed to let me search for one and I began to the process.
I cannot remember all the places I applied to.
It eventually came down to the YMCA and a restaurant called Piper's.

I interviewed at the YMCA and remember being super terrified. 
It was my first interview ever and I had no idea I needed to have questions ready to ask them and I just had zero ideas about what I was getting into.

Piper's was a little easier. 
I went in to fill out my application.
Met with one of the owner's and that was it.

YMCA offered me a job, but I wanted to think about it.
For some reason, I wanted the job at Piper's so bad.
I should preference that my best friend worked for the catering side of the restaurant and I thought it would be awesome to work alongside my best friend.
I wanted the job so bad that I emailed the owner practically begging for the job.
She gave me a trial run as a hostess for the upcoming Friday night.

I came in and learned all that a hostess does and next thing I knew I was being offered a job.
I worked for Piper's for 7 years and while it was not always easy, I absolutely loved my job.
I was a hostess and eventually moved to serving.
I bussed a lot of tables, dealt with ridiculous customer requests, and shared a lot of laughs with my co-workers.


Not all people can say they loved their first job and that they miss it, but I can.
Piper's became a home and a family for me.
I will always love my first job.
Thanks to TheLadders for the inspiration for this post!
TheLadders is a great resource to use when searching for a job, seeking career advice, or seeing what's out there for you!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment