- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Trust

In my Organization Behavior class yesterday, we talked about the issue of trust.
This sparked a question in my head: Do we give our trust or loan it?

My teacher believes in loaning our trust meaning we can take it back at any instance. While I see his point, I am not sure how you can truly trust someone when you are waiting to have to take it back. It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy in its self. If I think you're going to lose my trust, then I am going to be on the lookout for the instance to take it away from you.

I lean on the side that trust is something you give with no take-backs. I think trust has to be given without expecting anything in return. It is a gift of saying I have faith in you, in this friendship, in this relationship, etc. After giving it, it comes down to the other person deciding on how they want to use it. They can either cherish and demonstrate the trust you have in them or they can let it fade away which usually means a fade away in the relationship.

I really only started thinking like this today. I've never really put much thought into trust other than that fact it can disappear very quickly. 

I'm curious of what you think. Do you believe its something you loan out or something you give without expectations?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment