- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, January 19, 2015

Seahawks

For the first time yesterday I watched an entire football game from beginning to end.
I never even did this when I played for the Pep band at the football games.
Football is not typically my thing, but since moving to Seattle it is hard not to make football your thing.

Last year was so exciting when the Seahawks won and it was awesome to see how the entire town lit up with excitement. I really believe it is true that the Seahawks have the best fans.
I mean just watch this video if you do not believe me!

Seriously, they are dedicated!
So, back to what I was saying.
I watched the entire game and I was the one who said they could come back with 4 minutes left and not to give up just yet. And when they did I couldn't believe it.
I was jumping up and down screaming with everyone!

But then this thought comes to my head:
This is not the team I grew up cheering for.
I love the colt's not the Seahawks.
But then again I love Seattle and I feel like loving the Seahawks comes with that.

My birthday is coming up and I have absolutely been struggling with ideas which is out of the ordinary for me. Usually I have a long list I add things to all year. I don't know if it's about getting older and preferring to get things I really need rather than would like, but I just cannot come up with a good list of stuff.

I recently had the idea of wanting a Seahawks 12th man jersey, but then I get the feeling I would be betraying the team I grew up cheering for. Is it acceptable or normal for you to change teams you cheer for as you grow up? I do not want to be the person who jumps on the bandwagon of the winning team. 

Really I just want to be a part of the weekly celebration each week. I want to wear my Jersey on Blue Friday and walk down the street high-fiving strangers because they have a Jersey on too. I love the dedication this town has to their team and it sounds like fun to join them on the dedication to their Seahawks. Plus this is going to be my home for most of my life; it seems inevitable that I will be a Seahawk's fan.

What are your thoughts?
Also, does anybody have any thoughts on a fitbit, nike fuelband, or some other device that records work outs?
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. As you become an adult you begin to make life choices of your own - from how you like your steak cooked to what teams you support. You are free to branch out from what you grew up knowing and make some Rachel choices!
    Do they call it Blue Friday in Seattle as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seahawks are my team, everyone call me a "band wagoner" but I've always liked them. Like who you like!

    ReplyDelete