- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, January 12, 2015

Sometimes you just need to celebrate

I am a big believer in celebrating the little things.


I truly believe if we can celebrate with gratitude and a loving hear that we are rewarded.
So I am posting today to celebrate what feels like a huge accomplishment to me, but is just a little thing for others.

As of this past week, I paid off on of my undergraduate student loans.
In 13 months, I was able to pay off $6,066.43.
For me this is a huge achievement.
Yes, I still take out a loan for graduate school but with some leftover loan money and lots of hard work I was able to pay off a loan that was just sitting and accumulating debt.

The next step is to start chipping away at the next one.
It is much larger and will take more time, but I am dedicated to at least paying $100 a month to paying off student loans. Some people do not believe you should start paying off the debt while in school and I am not required to do it by the government until I graduate in 2017.
But each day that loan is accumulating interest. If I can fight the interest, then I have a better chance of paying it off faster.

So here is to gratitude for the little things!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. WHOOOO! That is so great :) Student loans are the worst! I didn't pay enough on mine when I was in school or during the oh so thoughtful "grace" period while it accumulated more interest so when I had to start paying it was a bit of an eye-opener! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete