- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Decision Made for Me

In middle school, my parents decided we needed to move to a new house. I was ecstatic when they gave an offer for a house near my best friends, but I had no idea what was to come. While I was on vacation with a friend, my parents found another house they loved and bought it. Sounds great, right? However, the house was in a different school district so I was not for it. I threw a fit and considered moving in with my best friend.

Obviously, my parents didn't like that idea so they bribed me by giving me the second biggest room in the house for my bedroom. I was still a brat and hated the process of moving. I think I spent my first day in the new house crying in my room because I didn't really have a choice in the move.

The other day I drove into the area where I could have spent me high school career. It was weird to be back on that side of town and to wonder "what if." That decision years ago was made for me and while I hated it then, I am thankful for it now. So much has happened because of that decision and it needed to happen.

I met my future roommate.
I met a new best friend.
I entered a different extra-curricular activity.
I found an awesome job.
I got involved in church.
And there is so much more!

Thank God for his plans and blessings in life.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment