- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, May 20, 2012

DIY String Chandeliers

Let me just say these babies are not easy! I should have listened to the website instructions when it said two people helps a lot; I could have used the extra hands. So let me explain the process:


Supplies Needed: Twine, Corn Starch, Water, Balloons, fishing string, and glue.

Step one: Do your pre-setup. Blow up balloons and tie string on them so they can hang while you create them. You will want a tarp or old towels to lay down because you will make a mess. Also mix together 1/4 cup of warm water, 1/2 cup of corn starch, and some glue (you'll have to guess with the glue; there is no right amount).

Step two: This is where two people are helpful! Slide twine through glue mixture and began to wrap horizantally on the balloon. This is a little tough, but you can do it. Slowly move from horizantal wrappining to vertical and switch back and forth to your hearts desire.

Step three: Let it dry. The website I followed said 24 hours, but I did mine outside to reduce the mess and the twine balls dried faster with the wind. So at least let dry for an hour if outside.

Step four: Pop balloons. Be careful, sometimes the balloons pull the shape of the twine if not dried enough. Then you can spray paint the balloons any color your heart desires. I chose gold, silver, and black. My mom chose all gold.

Here are the pictures of the results.


Drying




Spray Painted. This is where I learned you have to pop that balloon first!



Finished project hanging in my room. They are not the way I want them, but they are good until I move into my house when school starts.

As for a little Life Update:
I hit rock bottom yesterday, or at least my version of it. I really am not enjoying my job at Panera. Maybe its just corporate life, but there are a ton of rules and I was not trained enough. They have been extremely flexible with my work schedule and I have loved that, but sometimes a place just does not work out. I'm not saying I am giving up on it yet, but I'm getting close. Maybe this week will change things. I hopefully will have an interview with Home Depot this week and I start training to be a server at Piper's which is exciting and scary. I feel like God has opened a lot of options for me and now I just need to choose one.

Speaking of God, I've been missing Him. I started reading the Sierra Jensen series by Robin Jones Gunn this week and it is the same author of my favorite books: The Christy Miller series. I hated it and loved it at the same time. I hated it because it's so hard for me to believe that people can trust God that so much and just pray because they want to. Maybe I hate it because it reminds me of who I used to be. I used to pray at any second of the day trusting that God would take care of it. Now I am bitter and dis-believing a lot of the time. I loved it because it reminded me of who I once was; the girl who had a strong faith in God and everyone knew it.

Will I ever get that Rachel back? Will I ever have as strong of a relationship with God as I did? I know I can answer that and the answer is it is possible, but I need to put in some work. It has just been easier not too and less dissappointing I guess. I do not like God's plan all the time and sometimes I am upset by it, even if it is what is best for me.

So pray for me, please. I could really use it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment