- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11-14

"For the I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, "plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you...and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and places where I banished you...I will restore you to the place I deported you from."

I went to Church today and I was just not feeling it. The church we are attending now is the first place my dad has felt called to play for and has been welcomed with open arms; however, the rest of the family is not loving it as much. Actually, I think we are all afraid of connecting with anyone and getting the boot again. It was hard enough to do once and I do not think any of us are ready for that again. Plus, we all will be going in different directions next year: my brother is graduating high school and going to college, I am graduating college and planning to head to Seattle, and mom and dad are considering moving.

With regards to all that, I was just not feeling connected to church at all today. I miss being apart of a place where people know me by name and recognize me as my fathers daughter as well as the service I do for the church. I actually considered getting up and leaving because I did not want to be there, but my father sat down next to me and I had no choice but to listen to the sermon.

I am so glad I did! We talked about Job today and about being in the storm. I scanned the chapter and instantly felt connected to him. He was upset with God and frustrated which is how I have been with God as well. While listening to the sermon, I read Jeremiah 29:11 and felt connected to it in a way that I never have been before. I connected the last part where it says, "I will restore you to the place I deported you from." I have felt deported. God picked our family up and threw us into a life we were not familar with and unsure of how to handle. We have been dealing, but it has been so hard. This promise of restoration is something to look forward to though.

I am not sure when it will happen, but I am excited for the day I can be restored with the Church and to find that place I used to call home.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment