- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hello Future!?

My future has been on my mind a lot lately;  the tomorrow future, the semi-close future, and the 10 years from now future.

Tomorrow Future
Here comes the little girl inside of me. Do you ever just start a conversation with someone and realize they seem super nice and very interesting? And then, your mind starts wondering about the what if's: what if he asked me out, what if he's interested in me, what if I asked him out.... All I want to do is go back to this job just to talk to him again; yes part of me wants to go back to see if he likes me the same way, but the other part is just to get to know him better because he seems like the first guy who seems genuine.

Semi-Close Future
I've talked about it multiple times, but I am up in the air about quiting Panera. I said I would once I got the job at Home Depot, but now that I have it I can technically work all 3 jobs; however, there is just one employee at Panera that will just irks me and makes it not worth it to work there by the end of the day. Since I started serving at Pipers, my dad thinks I should become a server during school. I like serving somewhat and I usually get 20% tips so I guess that means I am good at it, but just the idea of applying for jobs again sounds painful.

My last year of college also start in the semi-close future. I think I have 6 more weeks before my last first day of college. It is so weird/scary to think about! There is so much I still want to do and have not done at Anderson. This year I have two things that I have to do: try-out for encore again either by myself or with someone and try out for chapel team. Right now I am missing walking around campus into the haven to go to Mocha Joe's and grabbing a mocha freeze (for the life of me I cannot remember if that is what is called right now: let me introduce you to my memory farts) and working on homework. Okay, the homework I could do without, but if I have homework that means I am back at school.  I also keep thinking about our house we are going to live in and how to decorate it. I thought decorating the apartment last year was going to be super fun and it was, but there's something about a house that just makes it different.

10 Years Future
I have spoken about my dream, but in case you forgot here it is. After graduating next May, I would like to go to Grad school, preferably in Seattle, to get my masters in Counseling Psychology to become a licensed counselor. From there I would like to work a couple of years as a counselor somewhere and begin working on my long-term dream. The long-term dream is to open up a half-way house and bed and breakfast. The B&B would be for the individuals staying at the half-way house to earn their own money. So here are the questions I have been asking myself the last couple of days.

How long will an individual be allowed to stay at the half-way hours?- I think between 3-6 months might be good, but maybe offer up a year stay if it seems necessary. I want there to be enough time to teach them how to earn their own money, take care of it, and learn some skills that are helpful with applying for jobs and subjects they are interested in, but at the same time I do not want them to get too comfortable where it becomes a place to hang out rather than learn.

Will they pay to stay at the half-way house?- I don't think they should the first couple of months there, but I do think they should start practicing how to pay a rent or bills in a timely manner so maybe by month three I would start requiring them to pay a rent. My fear is that if I do that, then individuals would stay for two months and then leave without learning a new part of the process.

Can individuals come back if they fall-off their feet again?- Part of me wants to say yes and part of me wants to say no. I do not want them to come back because they know it will be a place of shelter and where there needs can be met, but I also want to offer grace. I think a maximum of two times through the program should be allowed. Do you think that is enough?

What skills do you want them to learn?- So many! My first and primary is showing them how to handle money because it is an essential to life. I want them to learn how to earn it rather it just be given to them and how to manage it. I dream of bringing in individuals who can teach them how to save and invest because I am in no way qualified nor will I ever be (I'll probably learn from this as well!). I also want to teach the same basics of cooking, house cleaning, and taking care of yourself. Preparing them for the job world is also another thing I want them to learn. I want them to learn how to make a resume, how to interview and apply, and learn basic business etiquette. With that, I also want them to be able to choose classes they take and here are some of the classes I think would be fun: jewelery-making, how to dress for your body type/makeup 101, hair 101, auto-work, how to act with kids (maybe some of them will have children), playing an instrument, crafting, barista 101, chef 101, writing 101, and oh so much more!

What is the age and gender of those who can enter into the half-way house?- This is something I struggle with. Who is to young or to old? Strictly females or co-ed? I think for the half-way house to succeed I would start with a minimum of 18 and females only. Maybe if the program develops we can add more houses for teens, males, and whole families.

What is the purpose of you wanting to open this program?- To enter into a ministry that incorporates both of my degrees. To show God's love and forgiveness/grace on his people. To show people they are important no matter what parts of life they have walked and that it is never too late to start over. To achieve my dream.


If you have any thoughts, oppinions, or questions please comment and ask! I want to develop this dream with the help of others and incorporate their ideas so I am all ears!





Workout #3
40 Twisted crunches
100 crunches
30 wall push-ups
15 leg lunges (each side)
20 squats
80 Jumping Jacks
Scissors
20 leg lifts
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment