- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I am torn...

Warning: This may be a controversial post. Please keep your rude comments to your self. I do not seek to hurt or cause anger; I just seek to talk through what I am thinking.

I am sure you have heard, but Chick-fil-a is in a public battle against homosexuals. I am torn because I love chick-fil-a and I love homosexuals. Now let me explain.

Chick-fil-a has been a place of so many memories for me. Not only do they have excellent fast food, but it is a place I spent most of my high school career. Every Wednesday my best friend and I would grab a late lunch after school and it became a ritual. It is where we bonded, fought, and cried. It's a place I remember meeting for small group at and I remember crying because I had just been broken up with. It is where my dad took us in the summer for our weekly lunch date. I love chick-fil-a and anyone who knows me well would know that. It's the place I would choose to have a first date at; that's how serious I am.

Homosexuals remind me of my best friend whom I found out was gay during my Senior year of high school and it made me love him even more. I think it may be one of the reasons our friendship stayed intact all these years, because there was always love no matter whom he loved. I do not look at him and say, "Who you love is wrong, what you love is wrong." I look at him and say, "I love you because He first loved us."


And this is where I am torn. Two of my loves at battle with each other; protesting, in a way, hatred towards each others. It is amazing how much media has exploded over the statements from both sides and I feel thrown in the middle. I feel pulled into a fight that I never asked to be apart of, but did I ask to be apart of it when I chose to be a Christian and chose to love homosexuals. Is it my fault I'm torn?

Can there really be a neutral line? Can eating at a restaurant just be eating and not supporting all their decisions?

I'm curious as to what others think. Where are you standing in this debate and why are you standing there? For now, I'm standing in the middle. I still choose to love Chick-fil-a and the homosexual community, because it is my life goal to live out LOVE. Isn't that why God died on the cross, because he loved us?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment