- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Whirlwinds

I have felt like I have been in a whirlwind for the past week and a half.
I still wake up realizing I get to marry this guy:
(I know I post this picture too much, but its my favorite!)

And then other times I completely remember we are engaged while I am in the midst of trying to create a budget for this whole shindig called a wedding. My poor man is probably going crazy because we have two years to plan this wedding.
But here's the thing:
I have international family so letting them know information far in advance is important.
I am from Indiana so letting them coordinate and save far in advance is important.
I have always wanted to be a wedding planner and now I can do it for my own wedding and that is important to me.

So I am reaching out to all the other brides out there that have done this shindig wedding thing.
I NEED HELP!
The reality for me is that I am getting married right after I graduate grad school which means my pocket will be very light. I want a wedding that is affordable, but also memorable. Having the people I care about most to celebrate with is most important to me. And I really want a mash-potato bar. Call me crazy, but it has always been a dream. And my last requirement is to have a dress along the lines of what I have been dreaming about (Ballgown type).

So those are my necessities. We have been considering having a backyard wedding, but it seems like that may be a little too much work. Anyone out there done a backyard wedding? Can you give me some pros and cons? Do you suggest an all inclusive venue instead?

I thought this wedding planning business would be easy, but its not.
So please, ladies, help me!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!! This is so exciting! I got married last April and we chose an inclusive restaurant (ceremony, dinner, dance) so there was less to coordinate, everything was all in one place and easy to manage. Choosing April also significantly dropped the price, I know if you are open to "off-season" many places offer considerable discounts. I think the mashed potato bar sounds amazing- especially if you are so excited about it. That would be my #1 piece of advice- just follow your gut and create the day the two of you want. We did a lot of DIY's and planning on our own, and on the day of the wedding it was so nice looking around and seeing all the little details we'd planned come together. Just remember it's supposed to be fun so don't stress too much!!!!

    ReplyDelete