- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Imagination and Wedding Fun

Whew! This weekend was extremely busy for me and extremely expensive, but totally worth it!
I like to call this the "Wedding Weekend." Yesterday I spent the day traveling to two wedding events. One was a bridal shower for a dear co-worker of mine and another was for my best friends sisters wedding who is also a friend of mine. Both were so much fun and beautiful events filled with laughter and bonding! Then I spent last night celebrating a friends birthday downtown with dinner and a comedy club which means even more laughter. I was all laughed out by the end of the day.

With all this fun, my mind also has some fun of its own with this thing called "imagination." Leave it up to me to visualize my future wedding with a stranger I happened to make eye contact on the street or seating in the aisle across from me. If you did not know, I think I am a hopeless romantic. I love to think of the different ways a guy could catch my heart and I did plenty of that yesterday. I wondered what it would be to actually date that guy I've known for a while, but never though of in that way. Would it be weird? Would any one else mind? Would it be worth the risk? Or what about that guy I met a couple of years ago who made me think about the relationship I was in at the time? Was that God trying to save my heart through him? Was God trying to say wait for him?

Oh that questions and thoughts my mind comes up with! It drives me crazy sometimes! Sometimes I wish I could just be completely content with this time of singleness and not be looking for my future husband in every single guy. But then again, aren't we supposed to look for the other half our heart? Two are supposed to become one, so is it really wrong that I wonder about a guy I made eye contact with on the street?

Sometimes I think I should have been a writer for the crazy scenes I make up in my head. I think I could sell a pretty good book, except for the fact that I come up with a different love story that tops my other or a new guy comes into my life so I can't finish the other one while I am thinking about this new guy.

Thanks for the imagination God and all the fun that comes with it.
(Yes, there may have been some sarcasm in that statement.)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment