- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oh goodness

Rainy days have not been my friend as of lately.
Today was another day where if it rains it pours and I found myself out of sorts all day.
I went to bed at 10 p.m. last night and still wound up waking up late for a class that I did not even have to attend at its regular time.  How does that even happen? With that said, that means I went to school in my pajama shirt, but I did manage to brush my teeth :)
However, I did not manage to realize it was going to be a cold and rainy day. I also did not realize I would spend an hour making phone calls for work to find out I had been giving out the wrong time for an event. To add to it, I have also been very worried for a dear friend of mine for the last two days and it is invading the worry side of me.
I finally gave into tears around 6 p.m. today and let the craziness of my day get the best of me.
 That big man upstairs must be trying to teach me something. Here are some of the things I think it could be.
-To be a good friend without having to know every detail.
-To learn how doing a good job does not mean it will always be enough.
-To learn to make sure I have covered my bases before I begin.
-Patience; why I ever prayed for this is beyond me.
-To remember not to get stuck in the comfortable lifestyle I live.
-That I do not always have to have a perfect day.
And the list could go on and on....

But to turn the mood around I want to ask a fun question:
What is your favorite child-hood memory.

Halloween always brings my favorite memory from child-hood to mind because it has to do with that theme during that time. My neighbor and I had the greatest imaginations and would create our own Halloween towns in our backyards with imaginary people galore. We would be witches who dates werewolves or vampires. We would fight to save our town from an evil warlock and make sure the humans never found out about our cool town. I remember spending hours playing Halloween Town and talking to people who never existed.
We also did this with the North Pole, but here's the twist. We were elf detectives who made sure no one found out if Santa really did exist and checked to see if people on the naughty list were really naught. I was always Holly and she was Ivy; the best fighting elf detectives in the world.

Oh to have the mind of a child again!
What about your favorite memory?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment