- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New Beginnings

The month of November is on its way and I plan to make it a month of new beginnings.

October has been a month of reflection and analyzing my life. Where am I going? What am I doing? What do I want from life? What's my next step? A lot of questions have been following me and seeking answers.

Where am I going?
Well on Thursday I am going to Seattle, Washington to check out my dream school and to see old friends. I am going to figured out if this life I have been dreaming of is really as grand as I think. I am going to be reminded how freeing it can be to escape life for a little bit and go on adventure. I am also being reminded of how important relationships are and that even with time and a lot of distance you still have friends wherever you turn. Wish me luck this week; a lot is at stake!

What am I doing?
I found myself on the lonely train during the month of October. People surrounded me, but I felt lonely for some reason. I got in the dumps and just settled there for the month. So now I am jumping off this train and choosing to see the good in every day, the good in my friends and family, and the good in lots of education. I always have a tendency to see the worst in anything and I am choosing to see the best for the month of November. Give me a slap if you notice me not doing this on here or in person.

What do I want from life?
Right now, I want to know my future. I want to be able to say that when I graduate this is what I am doing. I applied for schools in August and September and have just realized that I have not heard any decisions from them. I realize it might be too early for that, but I guess I just want an idea of whether the school wants me or not. So with that, I want answers and a game plan for next fall.

What's my next step?
I think I have mentioned most of those in this post, but I think my next step is to being 100% true to myself, friends, and family. I am great at lying to myself, but it has been so sobering to speak truth into myself. Therefore my goal is to speak truth into others and myself.

I also want to take Leaps of Faith for the month of November. If I think a guy is cute, I am going to tell him. If I find a shirt I just can't stop thinking of, I will buy it (assuming I can actually afford it with my college student budget). If I think I need to hear truth or a friend, I will say it without being concerned of how they are going to feel about me.

Leaps of faith: that's what the month of November is about.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment