- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Power of a Song

Have you ever heard a song that spoke so much truth...to you?
 
I was just working on my homework trying to find some new music to listen to and encountered this song.
 
 
My heart tugged and reminded me of how I have felt these thoughts before.
 
I spoke to a friends this week about relationships and the idea of how it takes lots of time to get over someone you care deeply for. Someone once told me it takes as long as you had a relationship with the person to get over them. I am not sure if this is just the dating relationship or the entire relationship in its whole, but if its true, that is a lot of time.
And then I thought about how it has taken some of my friends time or big events to get over someone, but with even that we can never simply say we are over them for we will forever carry them with us.
 
One friend had to get pregnant to move on from the relationship.
 
One friend had to practice being single and secure in her self to get over her relationship.
 
I needed him to get married to finally move on.
 
We are relational beings and place so much on the relationships in our lives. If you are in the shoes of a recent break-up or still trying to move on from a relationship, I am here to let you know you are not alone. We have all been there and some of us are still there.
 
The memory may always stay, but you will find someone new and eventually the person for you.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment