- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, July 12, 2010

A penny for my thoughts...

Lately, I have been inspired to write a lot which is good because I find I write the most often when God is working in my life the most. I've wanted to write to the extent of writing a book, but I just have too many ideas that I get lost in each of them and don't write clearly. Another song has inspired this post. The Band Perry sings a song called "If I die young," and I absoloutely love the song. It is country and, to me, sounds like a christian song all at the same time which as my dad thinks is the perfect combination for me. I will have to agree. I have always been drawn to southern roots and my family will never let me live that down. I am the country girl of the family and even though I am only from Indiana and I have never grown up in the country I could fit in to the country life style (as long as there is a Target and Starbucks near by).

Anyways, this line in the song says, "A penny for my thoughts oh no I'll sell them for a dollar. They're worth so much more after I'm a gonner. And maybe then you'll hear the words I've been singing. It's funny when your dead how people start listening. " That line speaks to me so much every time I listen to the song. It is amazing how people start listening when people die. Why is that? I don't know, but I don't want my life to fall into this same category.

I am not saying people should listen to everything I say because I know that I am way out of line at times or I have no idea what I'm talking about. But even with that, I have words worth hearing. I shouldn't have to be 85 for someone to listen to me. I may be young, but I have a point of view different from others. I am not like you; therefore, I think differently from you. We all deserve to be heard. We don't have to take what each other says and place it into our life, but we can at least give the respect of acknowleding each other and our thoughts.

One verse that reminds me of not letting be young keep you from speaking and is from 1 Timothy 4:11-14

"Get the word out. Teach all these things and don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believes with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity. Stay at your post reading scripture, giving counsel, teaching. And that special gift of ministry you were given when the leaders of the church laid hands on you and prayed, keep that dusted off and in use." Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment