- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, July 19, 2010

Me? A Letter? From God? NO WAY!

I was at church two weeks a go when the preacher said something that caught my attention. He said something along the lines that we are all letters from God and that idea intrigued me. I've heard all my life that the bible is a love letter sent from God and I think that is the best love letter I have ever read, but then I think about how we are also love letters sent from God. God sent us to our parents, to our friends, and to the strangers in this world.

This also got me to wondering what my letter says. I know at times my letter probably had a note on the front of it saying, "Do not read this letter. It is filled with lies and ugliness." and I am alright to admit that is the letter I have sent out before. I know I am supposed to be an ambassador for God, but this world just brings me down sometimes. I forget that I was not created for here; I was created for someplace else. I get lost in the pressures the world presents to me everyday and the next thing I know I am in the mud trying to dig myself out and then there is God. He pulls me right out and puts me on dry ground.

I guess the point on this post is to remind us that we all our God's letters. We have to be careful in what we are putting on to that letter because we don't want to send out the wrong words. But also remember that we make mistakes. We need to help each other write our letters and be the example God has told us to be, but we cant tear people down. We need to hold each other and lend a hand when we are in the mud. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment