- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Filling the holes

At church tonight we talked about letting go to addictions or idols that are in our lives and the pastor said something that made me understand how to truly give up addictions and idols in our lives. Addictions/Idols take up space in our hearts and when we push them out of our hearts and life they leave holes in your heart.

Whenever I let go of an addiction/idol I just simple let it go and when those idols/addictions may have come back I was always surprised. Tonight I realized though that when I let go of those idols/addictions I have to fill the holes they leave with God.

Why it took me nine years to figure that out? I have no idea, but I am glad I did! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment