- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mending the church first

Tonight at church I was very distraught. After having a conversation with a friend, I was amazed at how much damage was being done within the church by the people in the church. My friend was so tired of all the damge that she is ready to leave the church. She is going to leave the place where God is supposed to dwell. We, the people of the church, are pushing the people in the church out when we are supposed to be bringing them in. I will take the blame for this too. There have been too many times when I will whisper to the person sitting next to me and gossip about someone sitting in service.

How are we supposed to bring people into the church when we are pushing people out of the church? It completely blows my mind how the church has become a mini-high school or middle school. The same troubles that students are dealing with in school can be found in the church. People spreading lies about each other, picking on each other etc. We are reflections of Christ. What are we reflecting? Are we reflecting that it is alright to gossip? That it is alright to sleep around? That it is alright to tear each other down?

I find this problem at every church I attend. Maybe we should start mending the broken relationships inside the church before we start trying to mend the hearts of the real broken people. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment