- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Conviction

With my move out from Anderson and preparing for a move to Seattle, I have been going through things deciding what I can live without or cannot live without. In the process, I ran across pictures from friends of all walks of life and the memories began to fill my mind. There are countless stories of adventure and fun, but I was also reminded of the pain and hurt from these relationships. Over the years, we have changed-some of us still have friendships today and others of us not so much or at all. 

Through the process I was able to see my role in these fall-outs and it saddened me that I got caught up in the drama or that I instilled pain/hurt into these individuals who were so close to me. While I fully believe we have individuals in our lives for all different kinds of seasons, it does not dull the fact that they were once important to me and that it was a relationship I cherished. 

I was convicted of the pain or hurt I was still carrying. They say grudges age you immensely and I do not want wrinkles on my face to show those grudges. I want laugh marks and smile lines. My point is to say that whether the relationship is gone or still going, remember the good times. The bad times or tough times can shape you, but they are not what matter in the end. In the end, its important to remember what they added to your life, what they taught you, what they meant to you and what they mean to their creator.

Cherish life, cherish those around you, and cherish the life you've been given. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment